We are preparing our school for a phased reopening of online and in-person private lessons beginning Wednesday, July 1, with special procedures in place to support the health of everyone. Music is a vital supporter of our overall well-being and we are looking forward to welcoming our students back as safely as possible.
We will not be offering any music camps or classes for the summer through December 2020.
For private in-person lessons, we are implementing the following procedures to help maintain social distancing, limit the number of people in our school at any given time, and to reduce any transmission risk:
- Everyone will access our building through a dedicated entrance and exit and walk through our school in a one-way direction.
- New transmission prevention shields have been installed at the reception desk.
- New portable transmission prevention shields will be in studios needing extra precautions.
- Our waiting areas will be closed and we request that, for now, parents not attend lessons.
- Face coverings are required for all CSM staff and teachers whenever they are within 6 feet of a student.
- Face coverings are required for everyone, aged 5 and older, while in our public areas.
- Face coverings are recommended but not required during music lessons.
- Students are required to wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer prior to their lesson.
- Our school will continue to have cleaning and disinfecting throughout each day, a special COVID-19 deep cleaning by our cleaning company weekly, and our ventilation system will remain on at all times to increase air filtration.